By Travelzoo Staff
One of Canberra's most established Turkish restaurants, Turkish Delight is offering a 3-course meal with extras for just $59 for two people. This feast would normally cost $119 and includes a platter of dips and a side to share, a glass of wine each and Turkish coffee or apple tea to finish.
Why we love it
- Enjoy authentic cuisine at one of Canberra’s first Turkish restaurants and pay just $59 for a 3-course meal for two people
- This offer from Turkish Delight in Belconnen is valued at $119 and includes a platter of dips and side to share, a glass of wine each and tea or coffee to finish
- Feast on traditional dishes such as oven baked mushrooms, marinated pan fried prawns or open pide of minced lamb
- Dessert options include treats such as Turkish delight, baklava and saffron rice pudding
- Decorated with lavish Turkish rugs, handicrafts and musical instruments to reflect its artistic cultural heritage, the restaurant provides a welcoming atmosphere and exotic cuisine, as well as belly dancing on Saturday night
- As an added bonus, receive 10% off your next visit when you book for six or more people
- Valid for lunch from Monday to Friday and dinner from Monday to Saturday
Nov 29, 2012 - Mar 30, 2013
5 Weedon Close
Tel: (02) 6251 1319
- The restaurant is conveniently located in Belconnen and is decorated with Turkish rugs, handicrafts, copper engravings and musical instruments to reflect its cultural heritage, and provides a welcoming atmosphere. Dine on Saturday night to enjoy a belly dancing show during dinner.
- For those who wish to repeat this enchanting experience, receive 10% off your next visit when you book for six or more people.
- Below is just a sample of what’s on the menu:
- -Patates koftesi: Potato, feta cheese and parsley patties
- -Borek: Pastry rolled with feta cheese, parsley and dill
- -Karides tava: Marinated prawns pan fried with vegetables and herbs
- -Dolma: Rice, pine nuts and currants wrapped in vine leaves with olive oil and lemon juice
- -Sultans kebab: Wide skewers of minced chargrilled lamb and prime lamb fillet, served on Turkish bread with rice and salad
- -Manti: Minced meat dumplings topped with tomato based sauce, mint and garlic yoghurt
- -Fish of the day
- -Lahmajun: Open pide of minced lamb, onion, tomato capsicum and parsley
- -Turkish delight
- -Zerde: A special saffron rice pudding with sliced almonds, black currants and cinnamon
- -Ice cream with sour cherry syrup and nuts
- To share:
- -Mixed platter of four dips
- -Zeris pilav: Saffron rice with nuts and red currants
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for lunch from Monday to Friday and dinner from Monday to Saturday, starting immediately until 30 March, 2013. Bookings are essential, subject to availability and should be made by 28 February, 2013. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: Public holidays. Maximum of four vouchers per booking. You can purchase unlimited vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit.