By Travelzoo Staff
Get close to an animal of your choice* at the National Zoo & Aquarium in Canberra for just $45 per adult. Including entry fees and an Animal Encounter, this exclusive offer would normally cost $88. Children can pay just $35 per child, regularly $71.50.
Why we love it
- Visit Canberra’s National Zoo & Aquarium and enjoy a personal meeting with an animal of your choice* for just $45 per adult, normally $88
- Children can pay just $35 per child, a saving of 51% off the regular price
- Price includes entry and an Animal Encounter
- Get close to either a giraffe and eland, shark, otter or sun bear
- These Animal Encounters are guided by a zookeeper and allow you to meet and feed the animals
- Australia’s only integrated zoo and aquarium, the National Zoo & Aquarium offers native and exotic species just five minutes from the heart of Canberra
- View a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, meerkats and red pandas as well as reptiles, frogs and birds at close quarters
- Valid seven days a week
Apr 26, 2013 - Sep 20, 2013
National Zoo & Aquarium
999 Lady Denman Drive
Weston Creek, 2611
Tel: (02) 62878400
- Animal Encounters are guided by a zookeeper. You’ll be able to view these magnificent beasts at close quarters and feed the animals.
- Located just five minutes from the heart of Canberra and spread over seven hectares, the National Zoo & Aquarium is Australia’s only integrated zoo and aquarium. Visit exotic animals like the Bengal tiger, snow leopard, lemur and meerkat, or native species like the dingo, tree frog and koala.
- * Choose from the following Animal Encounters:
- Go behind the scenes and enter the hoofstock yards to feed the friendly eland, before moving on to the majestic giraffe.
- Go behind the scenes and feed the fish and sharks -- the tawny nurse shark will even come up for a pat.
- Go behind the scenes and enter the enclosure of the otters, where you'll meet and feed these playful and active animals.
- Sun bear:
- Go behind the scenes and into their den to meet and feed these amazing animals. Maximum two people per Encounter.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed seven days a week, starting 29 April until 20 September, 2013. Bookings are essential, subject to availability and should be made by 16 September. Quote your voucher number at time of booking. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit.
Blackout dates: 6-21 July. You can buy multiple vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Failure to show or cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will forfeit the voucher. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Children aged eight to 15 years are eligible for child tickets; children under eight are not eligible for Animal Encounters. Up to four people per Encounter (two for sun bear).