By Travelzoo Staff
Chef-hatted Korean restaurant Mapo is offering a 7-course degustation menu for two people for just $79. Not only is this a saving of 56% off the regular price, you can also order matched wines on the day for only $40 per person (normally $50).
Why we love it
- Dine at award-winning restaurant Mapo in the Adelaide CBD for just $79 for two
- Each person will receive a 7-course degustation menu, normally worth $178
- Dishes feature traditional Korean flavours with European influences, with highlights such as grilled Japanese scallops, black Angus eye fillet and dried caramelised squid in butter soy sauce
- Finish with a dessert of Baileys and pistachio ice cream
- Additional guests can pay just $45 extra per person, while matched wines are available for just $40 per person, usually $50
- Mapo features soft lighting, a Western-style dining room and a separate dining room with traditional floor seating and Korean BBQ
- The restaurant was awarded a Chef Hat by the Australian Good Food Guide 2013, while head chef Chung Jae Lee was the winner of ‘Best Chef’ in South Australia in last year’s AHA Awards for Excellence
- Valid for lunch on Friday and dinner from Sunday to Thursday
Apr 22, 2013 - Jul 22, 2013
113 Gouger Street
Tel: (08) 8211 6042
- Additional guests can pay $45 per person.
- As well as being awarded a Chef Hat by the Australian Good Food Guide 2013, Mapo was the winner of the ‘Best Asian Restaurant’ category two years running at the AHA Awards for Excellence and ‘Flavours of the World’ category in the 2012 Lifestyle Food Awards. Head chef Chung Jae Lee was also the winner of South Australia’s ‘Best Chef’ at last year’s AHA Awards for Excellence.
- Dishes feature traditional Korean flavours combined with sophisticated European influences. Located in the CBD, this fine dining restaurant boasts two separate dining areas, elegant interiors and courteous service.
- Receive the following menu:
- -Grilled Japanese scallops served with a sour potato salad and drizzled with truffle oil
- -Dried caramelised squid in a butter soy sauce
- -Korean kimchi with a rice ball and toasted seaweed
- -Tempura style chicken breast drizzled with honey mustard sauce
- -Succulent coffee pork spare ribs with a fresh salad
- -Black Angus eye fillet drizzled with ginger flavoured teriyaki sauce
- -Baileys and pistachio ice cream
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for lunch on Friday and dinner from Sunday to Thursday until 22 July, 2013. Bookings are essential, subject to availability and should be made by 22 June. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: Public holidays. You can buy multiple vouchers. Maximum four vouchers per table. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. Menu is based on seasonality and may be subject to change. Single person voucher must be used in conjunction with a 2-person voucher.