By Travelzoo Staff
Multi award-winning restaurant Mapo is offering a degustation menu for only $89 for two people. Save 50% off the regular value and receive the 7-course degustation menu.
Why we love it
- Fine dining Korean restaurant Mapo is offering a degustation menu for only $89 for two people
- Normally worth $178, receive a 7-course menu featuring traditional dishes with European influences
- Highlights include black Angus eye fillet drizzled with ginger flavoured teriyaki sauce, grilled Japanese scallops and tempura style chicken breast
- This multi-award winning restaurant was awarded a Chef Hat by the 2012 Australian Good Food Guide, while head chef Chung Jae Lee was the winner of ‘Best Chef’ in South Australia in this year’s AHA Awards for Excellence
- Mapo features soft lighting, a Western-style dining room and a separate dining room with traditional floor seating and Korean BBQ, while service is courteous and attentive
- Valid for lunch on Friday and dinner from Sunday to Thursday
Nov 16, 2012 - Feb 22, 2013
113 Gouger Street
Tel: (08) 8211 6042
- The restaurant boasts a Chef Hat, the award for South Australia’s ‘Best Asian Restaurant’ two years running in the AHA Awards for Excellence and award for the ‘Flavours of the World’ catergory in the 2012 Lifestyle Food Awards among its achievements. Head chef Chung Jae Lee was the winner of South Australia’s ‘Best Chef’ in this year’s AHA Awards for Excellence.
- Mapo combines the light, fresh flavours of Korean cuisine with innovative Western cooking techniques to create a memorable experience. With two separate dining areas, sophisticated interior design and courteous service, the restaurant is deserving of its status as one of Adelaide’s most highly regarded fine dining establishments.
- Receive the following menu:
- -Grilled Japanese scallops served with a sour potato salad and drizzled with truffle oil
- -Dried caramelised squid in a butter soy sauce
- -Korean kimchi with a rice ball and toasted seaweed
- -Tempura style chicken breast drizzled with honey mustard sauce
- -Succulent coffee pork spare ribs with a fresh salad
- -Black Angus eye fillet drizzled with ginger flavoured teriyaki sauce
- -Baileys and pistachio ice cream
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for lunch on Friday and dinner from Sunday to Thursday, starting 18 November until 22 February, 2013. Bookings are essential and subject to availability. Quote your voucher number at time of booking.
Blackout dates: Public holidays. You can buy multiple vouchers. Maximum four vouchers per table. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and must be used in one visit. Menu is based on seasonality and may be subject to change.