By Travelzoo Staff
Take a 13-day flight inclusive tour of Turkey for just $2899 per person, twin share with this offer from Destination International Holidays. This tour will save you up to $600 off what you would pay to package the deal yourself, or $500 off what this tour usually costs.
Why we love it
- See Turkey on a 13-day tour with flights from Destination International Holidays for just $2899 per person, twin share
- Save up to $600 off what you would pay to package this deal yourself
- Receive return economy flights with Emirates or Singapore Airlines departing all major Australian cities, luxury 4- to 5-star hotel accommodation and most meals
- Includes all sightseeing entrance fees as specified by your itinerary, English-speaking tour guide and all transport by air-conditioned coach
- Arrive in Istanbul for a half-day tour and see the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Hippodrome where they held chariot races in ancient Rome
- Cross the Dardanelles by ferry to visit the ancient city of Troy, plus Pergamum to see the Asclepio; formerly a sacred healing temple
- Head to Pamukkale to take in the Necropolis and Hierapolis, a UNESCO heritage site and home to the ruins of a once thriving civilisation
- Take in the shopping and nightlife of the resort city of Antalya, then enjoy time to explore Cappadocia independently and see its rock-cut temples and underground cities
- Other highlights include a stop at the ancient trade route city of Caravanserai and a visit to Ankara to see the Mausoleum of Kemal Ataturk and Anatolian Civilisations Museum
Oct 02, 2013 - Oct 31, 2014
Destination International Holidays
6/10 Hoddle Street
Tel: 1300 813 391
- Receive the following:
- -Return economy airfares with Emirates or Singapore Airlines departing Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- -Luxury 4- to 5-star hotel accommodation
- -Air-conditioned coach transport
- -All breakfasts, one lunch and nine dinners
- -Attraction entrance fees as included in the itinerary
- -English-speaking tour guide
- Begin in Istanbul with a half-day city tour, taking in iconic sites such as the magnificent Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Hippodrome, known for holding chariot races during ancient Roman times. You’ll then cross the Dardanelles by ferry to visit the famous city of Troy which was made famous by Homer’s Iliad and home to a heritage-listed dig site.
- Stay overnight in Canakkale and visit Pergamum for a tour of the Asclepion, formerly a sacred healing temple. From there, travel to Izmir where you can spend the day however you’d like, whether that be exploring the ancient city of Ephesus or sampling local cuisine al fresco on the scenic Pasaport Quay.
- Head to Pamukkale to see the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Hierapolis, otherwise known as the holy city, situated on top of the hot springs. Here, you’ll visit the Necropolis or ‘city of the dead’ where ancient civilisations buried their dead beneath elaborate tomb monuments.
- A full day of leisure in the resort city of Antalya is next and is known for its beaches, shopping and nightlife. Then depart for Cappadocia, visiting Caravanserai of Sultanhan en route which is a trade route city off the Silk Road where travellers would rest.
- Enjoy a full day in Cappadocia before heading to the Turkish capital, Ankara. Visit a number of important sites in this bustling city such as the Mausoleum of Kemal Ataturk, an iconic structure preceded by a vast brick courtyard and a road lined with monumental stone statues, and the Anatolian Civilisations Museum which features a unique collection of ancient artefacts.
- Depart for Istanbul and enjoy a farewell dinner before your flight back to Australia.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday 16 October but could sell out earlier. Bookings are essential and must be arranged and paid by 14 November, 2013. Vouchers can be redeemed for tours from 1 March to 31 October, 2014.
The advertised price is valid on a twin share basis and can only be redeemed for bookings of two. All bookings are subject to availability. To ensure you get the dates that you want, please book as soon as possible. All taxes are included. Bookings hold a non-cancellation policy. No cash value or cash back. Cannot be combined with any offer or promotion.
Travelzoo Guarantee: If you are unable to get your preferred dates within seven days of voucher purchase, contact Travelzoo customer service to assist in securing your dates. If no dates are available, you will receive a full refund. In all other circumstances, vouchers are not refundable.