By Travelzoo Staff
Experience the culture of Northern Vietnam with an 8-day/7-night private tour from Laughing Roo Travel for just $525 per person, twin share. Save 43% off the self-packaged price of $924, and up to $740 off similar itineraries from other tour operators.
Why we love it
- See the best of Northern Vietnam on an 8-day/7-night tour from Laughing Roo Travel for just $525 per person, twin share
- Including ground transport, seven nights' accommodation, city and food tours, and daily meals, this exclusive offer saves 43% off self-packaging
- English-speaking guides throughout the tour
- Highlights include an overnight cruise through World Heritage-listed Halong Bay and a 1-night homestay in the Sapa Valley with a local ethnic group
- Tour starts and ends in the city of Hanoi, featuring visits to a wide range of attractions in the Old Quarter, a ride in a traditional cycle taxi and a street food tour
- Depart Hanoi on a overnight train in a soft sleeper cabin to the scenic Sapa Valley
- Trek through the Muong Hoa Valley, meet the Black H'mong tribe and stay overnight with a local Zay family
- Spend three days cruising Halong Bay on the 3-star Golden Lotus luxury junk, with hand-crafted wooden interiors and air-conditioned cabins
- Enjoy a night on Cat Ba Island
- Visit the Surprise Cave, go kayaking in the calm waters of the bay and explore the natural beauty of Cat Ba Island
- Offer is valid for travel until 31 October 2014
Laughing Roo Travel
01B Phan Boi Chau
Tel: +84 0975 622 208
What's included & when
- Oct 16, 2013 - Oct 31, 2014
- With tours available for departure anytime in the next year, Travelzoo subscribers receive all of the following:
- -Deluxe group tours including a full-day Hanoi city tour, a Hanoi street food tour, a Sapa region trek and home stay, and a kayaking and cave tour in Halong Bay
- -Three nights' accommodation in 3-star hotels in Hanoi and on Cat Ba Island
- -Return overnight soft sleeper train between Hanoi and Lao Cai
- -3-day/2-night cruise onboard the 3-star Golden Lotus Junk in Halong Bay (one night spent in a hotel on Cat Ba Island)
- -Daily breakfast, six lunches and five dinners
- -Return airport transfers in Hanoi and all other ground transportation
- -English-speaking tour guide throughout
- -Entrance fees and security permits
- In Hanoi, guests will visit famous sites like Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum, Hoan Kiem Lake and the Temple of Literature. Exploring the Sapa region, you'll encounter the Black H'mong hill tribe while trekking through lush terraced rice paddies along the Muong Hoa River. During the 2-day cruise from Halong Bay guests can explore the nearly 2,000 islets that dot the world famous bay, topped off by a visit to Surprise Cave, one of the largest known cavern complexes in the world.
- Hotel upgrades are available; contact Laughing Roo Travel for more information
- For more information on the itinerary and lodging options, visit the Laughing Roo website.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by 31 October. Vouchers can be redeemed for tours anytime from now until 31 October, 2014. Please note: There is a US$35 per person surcharge during Tet (30 January to 3 February, 2014). Bookings should be made by 1 October, 2014.
For full itinerary please see Laughing Roo's website at http://laughingroohoian.com/index.php/package-holiday/northern-tours/103-northern-explorer-8-days-7-nights
Offer is non-refundable, and amendments or cancellations must be made within 7 days of booking or voucher is subject to forfeiture. Rate is based on twin share; single supplement is USD $152 per person. One child under 3 accompanied by 2 full paying adults stays free of charge OR 1 child 3-6 years old accompanied by two adults pays 50% of the deal price directly to the tour group upon booking. Additional children aged 0 to 6 years old welcome but are required to pay 75% of the deal price. Children 7 and above pay normal deal price. Accommodation and group tour upgrades available upon request at extra cost payable directly to the merchant. Tour includes: Twin share accommodation; entrance fees; security permits; English-speaking guide throughout; transport; meals as indicated on tour itinerary; return airport transfers; overnight train tickets between Hanoi and Lao Cai; kayaking & Halong Bay cruise; tai chi lesson on junk. Not included: Vietnam visa, flights, drinks, tips, phone calls and other personal expenses.
Travelzoo Guarantee: If you are unable to get your preferred dates within seven days of voucher purchase, contact Travelzoo customer service to assist in securing your dates. If no dates are available, you will receive a full refund. In all other circumstances, vouchers are not refundable.