By Travelzoo Staff
For just $1249 per person, explore some of Peru’s most popular destinations with this 7-day small-group tour from Travel Projects. Saving up to 32% off similar tours in the market, this deal includes the following:
Why we love it
- Discover the wonders of Peru’s ancient and modern culture for just $1249 per person, twin share, when you book this 7-day ‘Basic Peru Tour’ with Travel Projects
- This deal saves up to 32% off similar guided small-group tours in the market
- Pay only a $187 deposit per person now, and then pay the balance directly to Travel Projects when you confirm your departure date
- Departing from Lima, the tour visits Cusco and the Sacred Valley, and travels through the Andes on board the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- Includes six nights’ accommodation in 3-star hotels
- Some meals, entrance fees to most attractions, transport in an air-conditioned vehicle and a Vistadome train excursion to the ancient Incan city of Machu Picchu are also included
- Upgrade to 4-star accommodation for $723 extra per person, or to 5-star accommodation for $1221 extra per person (payable direct to Travel Projects)
- Tour groups are 10-15 people maximum
- Valid for departures until 19 June, 2014
- Note: Flight from Lima to Cuzco is not included, but can be booked with Travel Projects for approximately AU$150 plus tax per person
Suite 514, 365 Little Collins Street
Tel: (03) 9670 7304
What's included & when
- Jun 19, 2013 - Jun 19, 2014
- -Six nights’ accommodation in 3-star hotels
- -Some meals as specified by itinerary
- -All transfers and tours including transportation by air-conditioned bus
- -Some attraction fees as specified by itinerary
- Starting in the cosmopolitan city of Lima, the capital and centre of modern life in Peru, the trip includes a half-day city tour of Lima. Take in the Plaza de Armas with its cathedral and palace, and the famous Larco Herrera Museum with its collection of pre-Columbian art and erotic pottery.
- After a few days in Lima, a short flight takes the group to Cuzco, the Incan empire’s holy city, and the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world. Cobbled streets lead to ancient Incan ruins as the group tours the city, discovering the village of Ollantaytambo where the bustling market place provides plenty of opportunity to bargain with the locals for Peruvian handicrafts and jewelery.
- Day five brings a 2.5-hour journey on board the glass-roofed Vistadome train through the Andes Mountains to Aguas Calientes. From here, it’s just a short bus ride to Machu Picchu, the fabled Lost City of the Incas, which was never found by the Spanish Conquistadores and only rediscovered in 1911 by American archaeologist Hiram Bingham.
- For more information and a detailed itinerary, click here
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday 3 July and can be redeemed for tours departing until 19 June, 2014. Pay your $187 per person deposit now and then pay the $1062 per person balance direct to Travel Projects when confirming dates. When you are ready to book, contact Travel Projects and mention your Travelzoo voucher number. Bookings are subject to availability and should be made as soon as possible to avoid any price increases due to currency fluctuation.
Blackout dates: Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Easter and Inti Raymi Festival (22-25 June). All taxes are included. Offer does not include travel insurance or meals not mentioned in the detailed itinerary. Subject to availability and based on twin share hotel accommodation including tax. Vouchers must be used for one booking. No cash value or cash back. Not valid on existing reservations. Credit card fees may apply. All payments must be made 60 days prior to commencement of trip and immediate payment due if booked under 60 days of commencement of trip.