By Travelzoo Staff
Update 03 May 2013: Due to unforeseen circumstances, the cruise part of this tour will now be on board the Century Paragon and not the Century Legend as previously stated.
Why we love it
- 11-day tour of China with all flights, accommodation and activities for just $1995 per person twin share
- Save up to 33% off what Mandarin World Tours normally charges for this deluxe holiday package
- Explore the cosmopolitan cities of Beijing and Shanghai and stay in 5-star hotels
- Tour iconic attractions such the Great Wall, the Forbidden City and spend three nights aboard the luxury Century Legend cruise ship on the Yangtze River
- Includes some meals, airport transfers and air-conditioned transport throughout
- Valid for departures from Sydney or Melbourne; you can also fly from Brisbane or Perth for an additional $200 per person or Adelaide for an $300 extra person, payable direct at booking
- Flights are operated by China Southern or China Eastern. Other airline surcharges may apply.
- A land-only option (starting in Beijing and finishing in Shanghai) is available for just $1095 per person twin share
- Solo travellers can guarantee their own room by paying a single supplement of just $600
- Multiple departure dates available until 8 November
- For full itinerary, click here
Mandarin World Tours
3368 Pacific Highway
Tel: 07 3166 8711
What's included & when
- Apr 24, 2013 - Nov 08, 2013
- Mandarin World Tours is offering a luxury 11-day holiday package to China for just $1995 per person twin share. This will save you up to 33% off what other operators are charging for similar tours.
- As well as visiting Beijing and Shanghai, travellers will be treated to a luxury 5-star Yangtze River cruise aboard the brand new Century Legend ship.
- This special offer includes:
- - International flights from Sydney or Melbourne
- - Six nights accommodation in 5-star hotels
- - A 3-night luxury river cruise on 5-star Century Legend
- - Domestic flights, transfers and air-conditioned transport throughout
- - Some meals
- - All activities as per itinerary
- Fly from Brisbane or Perth for an additional $200 or from Adelaide for $300 more. Solo travellers can also take part by paying an additional $600. Flights will be operated by China Southern or China Eastern.
- Travellers will spend four days in Beijing visiting attractions such as the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the ‘Bird’s Nest’ and ‘Water Cube’ stadiums.
- You will then take a domestic flight to Chongqing where you will board the 5-star Century Legend and spend three night’s cruising the Yangtze River, passing by the Three Gorges Dam, White Emperor City and Shibao Pagado.
- Finish in Shanghai where you are free to explore at your leisure or take an optional day tour of Tianzifang and Shikumen.
- Valid for departure on the following dates: 31 May; 07, 14 June; 12 July; 02, 16, 23 August; 1, 8 November. You can also travel peak season dates: 24 May; 19 July; 06, 13 August; 18, 25 October, for an additional $100 per person.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday 8 May. Vouchers cost $1995 and are valid for an 11-day ‘Yangtze Essence’ package from Sydney/Melbourne based on twin share. Additional surcharges for Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide departures must be paid directly at booking. Solo travellers must purchase a single voucher for $2595. Land only option is available for $1095 per person twin share or $1695 for solo travellers. Twin share vouchers can only be used if purchased or booked with a second twin share voucher. When you are ready to book, contact Mandarin World Tours and mention your Travelzoo voucher.
Departure dates: 1 May; 07, 14 June; 12 July; 02, 16, 23 August; 1, 8 November. You can also travel 24 May; 06, 13 August; 19 July; 18, 25 October for an additional $100 per person, payable direct.
All taxes are included. Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Once booked, no cancellations are permitted or voucher is forfeited. Compulsory tipping of $100 per person is payable to Mandarin World Tours at time of booking. This offer does not include a Chinese visa but this can be arranged by the company for an additional fee of $100 per person (min 2 people).