By Travelzoo Staff
Experience New Zealand’s beautiful North Island on a 5-day ‘Winterless North Explorer’ private 4WD tour for just $3100 for two people. You'll save $1620 off the full price of this tour from The Road Trip which includes an upgrade from bronze to silver class. Children can travel for just $792 per child.
Why we love it
- See New Zealand in luxury on a ‘5-day Winterless Explorer’ private tour for just $3100 for two people
- Save $1620 off the regular cost of this tour from The Road Trip
- You'll also receive an upgrade from bronze to silver class, with better hotels and more inclusions
- Private touring in New Zealand can cost well over $500 per person, per day but this package is only $310 per person, per day
- Explore the stunning North Island from Auckland heading up to Paihia, also known as the jewel of the Bay of Islands
- Highlights include the volcanic crater Mt Eden, the breathtaking Whangarei Falls and Waipoua Forest, home to New Zealand’s oldest tree
- Travel is by luxury 4WD with a local chauffeur/guide
- While there is a suggested itinerary, you have the flexibility to change it to take in sights of personal interest
- Expert guides offer extended knowledge and insight into the area and are also registered with the department of conservation
- Children can travel for just $792 per child
The Road Trip
145 Main North Road
Tel: (+64) 219 10433
What's included & when
- Jan 09, 2013 - Jul 09, 2013
- Private tours in New Zealand can cost over $500 per person, per day but this discounted tour is just $310 per person, per day.
- Two people will receive:
- -All transport by 4WD (subject to group size)
- -Personal local tour guide and chauffeur
- -Two nights’ accommodation at Auckland Grand Chancellor Hotel
- -Two nights’ accommodation at Paihia Pacific Resort
- -Breakfast daily
- -Entry to the Kauri Museum Matakohe
- -Entry to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- -Return airport transfers
- Departing from Auckland, take in the local sights including the volcanic crater Mt Eden and the beaches of Mission Bay before heading north towards Paihia, the jewel of the Bay of Islands. Highlights en route include the stunning Whangarei Falls and the Kauri Museum which documents the area’s fascinating pioneer history.
- Paihia is an ideal base to explore the picturesque Bay of Islands. Popular attractions include the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds, a range of scenic walks and water activities such as kayaking and swimming with dolphins.
- Although this tour comes with a suggested itinerary, your personal local guide will be more than happy to suggest other points of interest for you, or even take you somewhere else upon request. This unique arrangement will give you the flexibility of a solo traveler with the luxury and guidance of a private tour. Expert guides offer extended knowledge and insight into the area and are registered with the department of conservation meaning they can take you on guided nature walks.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday 23 January but could sell out before. When you are ready to book, contact The Road Trip and mention your Travelzoo voucher. Vouchers can be redeemed for tours until 9 July, 2013. Bookings are essential, subject to availability and must be made by 30 January.
This deal is valid for two adults and includes all taxes. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Child price of $792 applies to children aged 3-12. Single travelers can contact The Road Trip directly for single supplement pricing. Flights are not included. All rooms are subject to availability. Vehicle type is dependent on group size: small groups of four or under will travel by 4WD, groups of up to six will travel by people-mover and groups of over six will travel by luxury van or coach. Once you have booked with The Road Trip, no cancellations are permitted or your voucher is subject to forfeiture.