By Travelzoo Staff
Explore some of the highlights of the centre and south of Australia with this 8-day group tour for just $1249 per person. This offer from TravelAust is regularly worth $2994 and includes the following:
Why we love it
- Take in the highlights of central Australia and enjoy this 8-day adventure tour from TravelAust for just $1249 per person
- Regularly valued at $2994, the tour departs Alice Springs and finishes in Melbourne
- Highlights of the trip include visits to Ayers Rock, The Olgas and travelling along the Great Ocean Road
- The price includes an English-speaking experienced guide, camping accommodation and equipment, plus an underground bunkhouse stay
- Also includes some meals, national park entry fees and all ground transport
- Travel in a small group of a maximum of 24 people
- Pay $149 deposit now, confirm your dates and then pay the balance directly to TravelAust when finalising your departure date
- Valid for tours departing on select Wednesdays from 7 August to 26 March, 2014
32A Carlton Pde
Tel: (02) 8033 7603
What's included & when
- Jul 31, 2013 - Mar 26, 2014
- -Six nights’ camping accommodation with shared facilities and one night in an underground bunkhouse
- -Some meals as specified by itinerary
- -Experienced guide
- -Transportation by minibus or coaster
- -National park entrance fees
- The tour starts in central Australia in Alice Springs, heads south to Adelaide, travels along the Great Ocean Road and finishes in the capital of Victoria, Melbourne.
- Take in the views across Kings Canyon, witness a breathtaking sunset over Ayers Rock, see the ancient rock formations of The Olgas and the Valley of the Winds, and cruise to Coober Pedy to visit the opal mines.
- Then, visit the Flinders Ranges, hike to Dutchman's Stern and stop off in a winery in the Clare Valley before arriving in Adelaide. Explore Grampians National Park, then travel along the Great Ocean Road, where you can see the Twelve Apostles, and then finish up in Melbourne.
- Click here to view a detailed itinerary.
The fine print
The tour departs on 7, 21 August; 4, 18 September and every Wednesday from 2 October to 26 March, 2014. Vouchers must be purchased by 14 August. Pay your $149 deposit now and then pay the $1100 balance direct to TravelAust when confirming dates. When you are ready to book, contact TravelAust and mention your Travelzoo voucher number. Bookings should be made by 26 October, 2013.
Offer does not include travel insurance, gratuities or meals not mentioned in the detailed itinerary. Rate is subject to availability and based on camping accommodation, including tax. Cancellations are not permitted once booking is confirmed and vouchers are non-refundable. Vouchers must be used for one booking. No cash value or cash back. Not valid on existing reservations.
Travelzoo Guarantee: If you are unable to get your preferred dates within the seven days of voucher purchase, contact Travelzoo customer service to assist in securing your dates. If no dates are available, you will receive a full refund. In all other circumstances, vouchers are not refundable.