Sydney Royal Easter Show on a Shoestring
It’s nearly that time of year again - the Sydney Royal Easter Show is coming to town from 14-27 April. This Sydney institution is a great day out for the whole family but the costs can quickly add up. Here are our top tips for getting through the day without breaking the budget.
- Save money on the entry cost by going later in the day. Turn up after 5pm to get the afternoon special and save up to 30% on selected tickets.
- Avoid the cost of petrol and parking by catching public transport to the show. Sydney Showground is easily accessible by bus, train and ferry services, and Showlink tickets include return travel on public transport along with show entry.
- The 5-day Easter long weekend will most likely be the busiest time at the show, so save money (and your sanity) by going on off-peak days like Kids Day on Wednesday 27 April. Kids get into the show for $12 -- 47% off the usual cost -- and get free carnival rides with a paying friend.
- Food at the show is usually very expensive, so eat a big breakfast and pre-pack an esky with lunch, cold drinks and healthy snacks to keep your energy up during the day. You’ll be getting your junk food fix from all the showbag goodies anyway!
- It is worth the few dollars to purchase the Easter Show guide. It is full of freebies for showbags, food deals and product discounts.
- Hire a locker to store some of your showbags for the whole day for $8 with a $2 key deposit.
- If you're an adrenalin seeker, pre-purchase carnival ride vouchers and redeem them for coupons at the show. Spend $79 for 100 coupons and save $41 off full priced rides, available until 27 April.
Embrace your inner child and enjoy the show that only comes around once a year!