Last Updated September 10, 2013
- This Policy explains the privacy practices of Travelzoo (Asia) Ltd. and its family of related companies including licensees (collectively, "Travelzoo") and applies to your use of Travelzoo's products and services, including the Web sites that link to this policy (collectively, the "Services").
- This Policy covers how Travelzoo treats the personal information we collect and receive related to your use of our Services.
- When we refer to "personal information", what we mean is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- Please understand that this Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that Travelzoo does not own, control, employ, or manage, except where incorporated by reference within licensing arrangements with third parties.
- Travelzoo may collect personal information about you when you visit and use our Web sites, when you register or subscribe for and sign in to our Services, when you open our e-mail newsletters or use Travelzoo software widgets, when you visit the Web sites of some Travelzoo partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes sponsored by or in connection with Travelzoo.
- Travelzoo may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
- When you register or subscribe to our Services, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, mailing address (including country of residence), e-mail address and telephone number. , In addition, when you register or subscribe to our Services, we collect and store your IP address. Note, you are not anonymous to us when you sign in to our Services.
- Travelzoo may collect information about your transactions with us and our business partners through our Services.
- Furthermore, when you use our Services, we receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Travelzoo cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using, and the Web page(s) you visit.
Sharing and Disclosing Information
- Travelzoo does not rent or sell personal information about you with third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the circumstances described below.
Travelzoo may use the data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Services;
- To provide personal information, when required by law, in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations, to comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings, to perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed, or to protect the rights or property of Travelzoo, our employees, our subscribers, and our Services;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Travelzoo's Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- To customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Services and to improve our Services;
- To contact you with offers by Travelzoo and/or third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- To conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Web sites and to estimate the total number of Internet users who visit our Web sites from certain countries or regions of the world;
- We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from Travelzoo and our marketing partners. Note, these companies do not have any right to use or share the data for any other purposes;
- When you enter a promotion sponsored or offered in connection with Travelzoo, we may contact you and share your personal information with third parties so that we may administer the promotion, for prize fulfillment, and as otherwise specified in the official rules for the promotion.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- Travelzoo may use Web beacons to access Travelzoo cookies in connection with our Services.
- A Web beacon is activated as part of a Web page or e-mail and allows us to count visitors to our Web sites and to recognize users by accessing Travelzoo cookies which help us personalize your experience when you use our Services.
- Travelzoo also uses Web beacons to conduct research on behalf of our partners and for auditing purposes. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with partners from this research.
- If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking Here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Social Media Widgets
Your Account Information and Preferences
- Travelzoo respects your right to control how your personal information is used. Travelzoo may give you the opportunity to request communications from vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers. For more information about these opportunities, to edit your personal information, to unsubscribe from receiving Travelzoo services you previously requested, update your account or to terminate your account, please visit your User Profile. Users can access their account by going to their profile page. If you have any issue accessing your profile page to update or delete your account, please use the feedback form below. We will respond to your request to delete or unsubscribe your account within 30 days.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Travelzoo Services or your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Information about how to opt out of receiving communications to which you are currently subscribed is included in every communication we send to you.
- If you request termination of your Travelzoo account, it is our practice to deactivate your account and block further e-mail deliveries to you in approximately 30 days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
- Travelzoo takes reasonable security measures to protect your user information under our company's control against loss, misuse, or alteration.
- Travelzoo reserves the right to enhance information about you with appropriate and legal data that may be obtained to serve you better and present you more relevant information, for example by using Geo-IP maps. In addition, Travelzoo reserves the right to take proactive steps to unsubscribe users for a variety of reasons at Travelzoo's discretion, for example if an e-mail address stops accepting e-mail.
- We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Travelzoo may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our Web sites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.
Questions/Your Privacy Rights
Travelzoo (Asia) Ltd
ATTN: Mr Jason Yap
Unit 3608, Level 36, AIA Tower,
183 Electric Road, Hong Kong