By Travelzoo Staff
Enjoy a delicate Chinese fine dining meal for two for just $80 at Maison de l'Hui, Shanghai. Regularly $170, this exclusive offer includes the renowned "Empire Soup," six Shanghainese signature main dishes and more.
Why we love it
- Enjoy an elegant 4-course Shanghainese meal for two at Maison de l'Hui for just $80
- Menu includes the renowned "Empire Soup", six signature main dishes and more, and would normally cost $170
- Choose to dine at the Julu Road or Rock Bund locations, both housed in historic buildings with upscale interiors
- All recipes are made with premium ingredients and designed for better health and wellness
- Named one of Shanghai's best restaurants by Asia Tatler Dining Guide and Luxe City Guide
- Received 4/5 stars and a "Critics' Choice" designation from TimeOut Shanghai
- Celebrity Chef Chen Hong is famous for his simple yet healthy dishes based on Chinese herbs, traditional ingredients and vegetarian recipes
- Part of Shanghai's popular and successful local restaurant chain, Xiao Nan Guo
- Valid for lunch or dinner seven days a week at the Rock Bund outlet, and daily lunch at the Julu Road branch
Nov 20, 2012 - Jan 18, 2013
Maison de l'Hui
- TimeOut Shanghai praised Maison de l’Hui for "finely-executed Chinese cuisine served with impeccable manners in grandiose environs" and gave 4/5 stars overall. Asia Tatler Dining Guide and Luxe City Guide have named Maison de l'Hui one of Shanghai's best restaurants since its debut in 2010.
- Taiwanese Celeb Chef Chen Hong is famous for his simple yet healthy dishes based on Chinese herbs, traditional ingredients and vegetarian recipes. As a former host of a popular Taiwanese cooking TV show and the author of the best-selling cookbook A-Hong’s Healthy Medicated Diets, Chen has been dubbed "The Culinary Prince" in Taiwan.
- Guests will receive small plates featuring all of the following items:
- - Sweet and Sour Cherry Tomato with Red Wine Dressing
- - Sweetened Lotus Roots with Glutinous Rice
- - Black Fungus with Aged Vinegar
- - "Empire Soup": Double-boiled Pigeon with Monkey Head Mushroom
- - Stone Pot Braised Catfish with Rice Cake
- - Steamed Giant Scallop with Garlic Rice Vermicelli
- - Braised Shitake Mushroom with Sea Cucumber
- - Poached Winter Melon in Broth with Truffle, Ginkgo Fruit and Assorted Vegetables
- - Simmered Soup Noodles with Black Truffle and Wild Mushroom
- - Chestnut and Sweet Potato Puff OR Steamed Vegetarian Bun
- - Almond Tea with Egg White
- - Choice of Juice or Chinese Tea
- (Service charge and tax included)
- Maison de l'Hui is part of Shanghai's successful local chain Xiao Nan Guo, and offers a sexy and upscale dining experience. Guests can choose to dine at one of two different locations conveniently near landmarks: either at Julu Road or the Rock Bund. The Julu Road location occupies a three-story historic English villa that once belonged to the notorious Shanghainese gangster Du Yuesheng; Rock Bund is housed in a 1907 Shanghai-style stone building with a private club-like entrance.
- This offer is valid for lunch at the Julu Road branch and lunch or dinner at the Rock Bund branch seven days a week, through January 18, 2013. Lunch serves from 12:00noon to 2:30pm; Dinner serves from 6:00pm to 10:30pm.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday November 28 but could sell out before. Vouchers can be redeemed for lunch at the Julu Road branch and lunch or dinner at the Rock Bund branch seven days a week, starting immediately until January 18, 2013. Bookings are essential. Please book by phone at least one day in advance for weekday bookings or seven days in advance for weekends and China public holidays bookings. Quote your Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Subject to availability. Lunch serves from 12:00noon to 2:30pm; Dinner serves from 6:00pm to 10:30pm. Book by January 17, 2013.
You can purchase multiple vouchers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Voucher must be presented on arrival and must be used in one visit.