By Li Ying Lee
Flashback to 1920's Old Shanghai culture when you dine at Shanghai's new multi-concept venue, Light & Salt. For only $80, two people can savor a 3-course menu featuring daring renditions of European cuisine with Shanghainese accents at 39% off.
Why we love it
- Time Out Shanghai commends the "unmistakably classy venture" for "friendly, on-point service," "slick operation," and "relaxed atmosphere"
- Recommended by That's Shanghai, Fodor's, City Weekend Shanghai and Shanghai Daily
- 3-course men includes noteworthy dishes like the beef tartare, miso cod and dessert crepes
- The beef tatare "looks like a work of art and tastes even better" (Time Out Shanghai)
- The roasted miso cod is a "fat, juicy hunk of white fish" (Time Out Shanghai) creatively served with a paintbrush for daubing on the accompanying reduction
- Enjoy what Shanghai Wow calls "the highlight" of the dessert section - a crepe platter with flavored mousse served as bite-sized dumplings
- Integrating culture and dining, the venue is comprised of a restaurant (Ms Ding's Dining), a speakeasy bar doubling as a library by day (Library Distillery), and even a museum
- Located on the 6th floor of the historic YWCA building
Jan 17, 2014 - Mar 31, 2014
Light & Salt
Light & Salt
Rock Bund, 6/F, 133 Yuanmingyuan Lu, Beijing Dong Lu
Tel: 021 - 6361 1086
- House bread and home-made butter
- Appetizers for sharing:
- Beef tartare with butter-poached egg yolk with avocado mousse and squid ink aioli
- Warm prawn cocktail with avocado-wasbi foam, lime aioli and candied pistachio dust
- Choice of 1 main course each:
- Braised ox-tail with grilled pineapple, mustard puree and sherry honey jus
- Roasted miso cod with sweet potato puree, wild mushroom salsa and pomegranate reduction
- Desserts for sharing:
- Crepes with green tea cheese, chocolate mousse, berry jelly and classic flavors
- Chocolate fondant with salted caramel, white chocolate walnut ice-cream
A third person may join the table for an additional $40.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Friday, January 31, 2014. Vouchers can be redeemed for dinner 7 days a week, 6pm to 10.30pm until March 31, 2014. Additional single pax voucher can be purchased at $40, but can only be used in conjunction with the 2-person voucher. Bookings are essential. Please book by phone at least 2 days in advance. Quote your Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Tables are subject to availability and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Blackout dates: January 30 - February 6, February 28 - March 9, 2014 Book by: March 15, 2014.