By Travelzoo Staff
Enjoy a delectable 8-course Chinese lunch or dinner for two for just $95 at Wei Jing Ge at the Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund. Fully valued at $187, this exclusive menu includes signature dishes like Steamed Shad Fish Shanghai Style, Braised Eggplant with Shrimp Paste and Minced Pork, and Yellow Croaker Soup Noodle with Sour and chili Sauce.
Why we love it
- Indulge in an exquisite 8-course lunch or dinner for two for just $95 at Wei Jing Ge, Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
- This exclusive offer would normally cost $187
- Each diner receives an 8-course Chinese dinner including appetizers, soup, seasonal dishes, noodles and fruit
- Features seasonal specialties like Braised Sea Cucumber with Fresh Bamboo and Shrimp Roe, Steamed Shad Fish Shanghai Style, Braised Eggplant with Shrimp Paste and Minced Pork and more
- Chef Sam Yuen, from Hong Kong, has over 25 years' experience in Shanghainese and Cantonese cuisine
- Chef Yuen has cooked for Bill Clinton, the Queen of the Netherlands, and former Chinese Premier Zhu Rongji
- Located in the iconic Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, the first and only Waldorf Astoria hotel in Asia
- Hotel is one of only 59 properties in the world to receive a prestigious 5-star award from Forbes Travel Guide
- Single person voucher available for just $48
- Valid all the way through September 30
Jul 26, 2013 - Sep 30, 2013
Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
No.2 Zhongshan Dong Yi Road, Huang Pu District
5th Floor, Waldorf Astoria
Tel: +86 21 6322 9988
- Each diner will enjoy the following menu:
- "Huai Yang" Marinated Appetizers
- Double Boiled Pork Soup with Ginseng
- Braised Sea Cucumber with Fresh Bamboo Shoot and Shrimp Roe
- Steamed Shad Fish Shanghai Style
- Braised Eggplant with Shrimp Paste and Minced Pork
- Stewed Seasonal Vegetables with Fresh Yam and Medlar in Supreme Broth
- Yellow Croaker Noodle with Sour and Chili Sauce
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit Platter
- (Service charge included)
- Wei Jing Ge is located in the luxurious Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, which enjoys a central location in the heart of Shanghai's iconic riverside. The luxurious hotel is the recipient of a Forbes Travel Guide 5-star award -- one of only 59 properties in the world to earn such an accolade. Chef Sam Yuen has over 25 years of experience in Shanghainese and Cantonese cuisine, and has cooked for the likes of Bill Clinton and the Queen of the Netherlands.
- This offer is valid for lunch or dinner Monday to Friday, and dinner only Saturday to Sunday, until September 30, 2013.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday, August 7. Vouchers can be redeemed for 8-Course lunch or dinner for two (Monday to Friday) and dinner only (Saturday and Sunday) at Wei Jing Ge, Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund until September 30, 2013. Single person voucher is $48, and can only be used in conjunction with a 2-person voucher. Bookings are essential. Reservations start immediately; please book by phone at least 3 days in advance, and 5 days in advance for weekends and public holidays. Quote your Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Subject to availability. Lunch serves from 11:30pm - 2:30pm; dinner serves from 5:30pm to 10:30pm. Book by: September 15, 2013.