By Travelzoo Staff
Two people can enjoy a Michelin 2-Star Cantonese set meal at Tim's Kitchen, Shanghai, for just $95. Save 57% off this menu featuring signature dishes such as Crystal King Prawn and Crab Meat with Mashed Winter Melon Soup, and enjoy food from an "International Master Chef" named one of Shanghai's "Most Influential" people by Shanghai Tatler.
Why we love it
- Enjoy a delicate Cantonese lunch or dinner at Tim's Kitchen, Shanghai for just $95 for two
- The 6-course menu features Chef Lai's signature dishes such as Crab Meat with Mashed Winter Melon Soup and the Michelin awarded Crystal King Prawn
- Tim's Kitchen in Hong Kong and Macau have received 1 and 2 Michelin Stars, respectively, every year since 2008
- Founder and Chef Lai Yau-Tim made it to the "The 300 List" of Shanghai Tatler's most influential people in 2012, and was named "International Master Chef for Chinese Cuisine" in 2009
- Situated on upscale Nanjing Road West, Jing'an District
- Valid for lunch or dinner seven days a week, including public holidays
- Single person voucher can be purchased for $48
Apr 11, 2013 - Jun 15, 2013
Tim's Kitchen, Shanghai
506, 5/f, Plaza 66,
1266, Nanjing Road West, Jing'an,
- Each diner receives the following menu:
- Crispy Yellow Fish Ball with Squid and Eggplant in Sesame Dressing
- Conpoy with Mashed Winter Melon Soup
- Crab Meat with Mashed Winter Melon Soup
- Crystal King Prawn
- Braised Wagyu Ox-tail in Red Wine Sauce
- Pan-fried Codfish in Soya Sauce
- Amaranth with Deluxe Dried Shrimps
- Fried Rice with Seafood and Egg White
- Almond Paste with Red Date Cake
- Each diner also receives one glass of soft drink per person.
- Located at the upscale Nanjing Road West, Jing'an District, Tim's Kitchen opened in 2011 and is the third and largest outlet of this high-end chain. Tim's Kitchen in Hong Kong and Macau have received 1 and 2 Michelin Stars, respectively, in the Michelin Guide (Hong Kong-Macau) every year since 2008. It was also named one of the "Asia's Finest Restaurants" by The Miele Guide 2010-2011.
- Chef Lai Yau-Tim started cooking at the age of seventeen. His signature dishes includes "Crystal King Prawn,"“Braised Whole Fresh Crab Claw with Winter Melon” and traditional Cantonese cuisine from Southern China. In 2009, Chef Lai was awarded the "International Master Chef for Chinese Cuisine" by the World Association of Chinese Cuisine, and was named as one of "The 300 Most Influential" people in Shanghai by Shanghai Tatler in 2012. Chef Lai is a fixture at gourmet events worldwide.
- This offer is valid for lunch or dinner seven days a week, starting from April 11 until June 15, 2013.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday, April 24. Vouchers can only be redeemed for the "6-Course Set Meal with soft drinks for 2" seven days a week, starting from April 11 through June 15, 2013. Maximum of 2 people per voucher. Single person voucher can be purchased for $48, but may only be used in addition to a two-person voucher. Bookings are essential. Reservations start on April 10 and please book by phone at least 2 days in advance, and 3 days in advance for weekends and public holidays. Quote your Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Subject to availability. Lunch serves from 11:30am to 2:30pm, dinner serves from 5:30pm to 10:30pm. Book by: June 8, 2013.