While the Olympics and royal celebrations drove London hotel rates up over the past few years, the city is prepared to start 2013 on a decidedly discounted step, starting with this sale from Guoman Hotels that's slashing current prices as much as 50%.
The prestigious company's 4- and 5-star hotels are scattered among some of London's most popular neighborhoods. Most dates through April 14 are on sale, starting at the following nightly rates:
- The Tower Hotel ... $93 (£72 incl. tax)
Overlooks the River Thames and is neighbors with The Tower of London
- The Cumberland ... $116 (£89.40 incl. tax)
Two blocks from Hyde Park and on the popular Oxford shopping street
- The Grosvenor Hotel ... $108 ($83.40 incl. tax)
In a restored Victorian building and is down the street from Buckingham Palace
- Charing Cross ... $105 (£80.40 incl. tax)
Historic Charing Cross overlooks Trafalgar Square
- The Royal Horseguards ... $156 (£120 incl. tax)
Stares across the river at the London Eye and Jubilee Gardens
Note: Bookings are prepaid and non-refundable.