By Kar Tim Chua
"The balance of flavors and textures makes arcana the optimal middle ground between rich flavors and light cuisine," says Tokyo Weekender. Indulge in an exquisite 8-course dinner at this sophisticated restaurant at just $59 per person.
Why we love it
- This scrumptious meal regularly costs $99
- The restaurant is helmed by Chef Yasushi Karato whose Osaka restaurant, Lumiere, has been awarded one Michelin star for five consecutive years since 2010
- Chef Karato specializes at modern French cuisine
- This 8-course menu changes seasonally but sample dishes include fried foie gras, beef sweetbread, roasted beef and green apple sherbet with fennel cream
- Enjoy dinner in the comfort of Japanese, English and French-speaking staff
- Located on the top floor of Tokyo's KITTE mall, the restaurant offers an airy yet intimate ambiance and spectacular night views of Marunouchi
- Just a 2-minute walk from Tokyo Station
Jul 25, 2014 - Nov 30, 2014
arcana tokyo KARATO
6/F KITTE Mall, 2 Chome-7-2
Tel: +81 3 6833 4139
- For $59 per person, “Menu d'histoire”Monogatari ll" includes:
- Cold corn soup with vegetables, balsamic vinegar, dauphine potato, caviar and “7 parfums” tea
- Beef sweetbread with poultry, summer vegetables and consommé and “Miura” poshed egg yolk
- Fried foie gras with meringue, crispy bread, passion fruits coulis, caramelized almonds and custard
- “ISAKI” fish with semolina, mashed red radish, Japanese clam in “Cresssonière” style, tomato and tabbouleh OR fish soup with shellfish, fennel and “Bourride” sauce
- “Campari” grapefruit granita
- Roasted beef or duck with “Périgueux” sauce, American cherry, seasonal salad, vegetables in “Rossini” style
- Green apple sherbet and espuma fennel cream
- One dessert from the menu
for more transportation information
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by October 31, 2014 but could sell out before. Vouchers can be redeemed for "Menu d'histoire”Monogatari ll" for one at arcana Tokyo KARATO, starting immediately through November 30, 2014. Bookings are essential and must be made via email in English at least five days prior to visit. No phone bookings accepted. Please quote your name and Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Subject to availability. Dinner serves from 6pm to 11pm on weekdays (last order at 10pm); 6pm to 10pm on Sundays and public holidays (last order at 9pm). Book by: November 15.
Please note: Each voucher is for one person, but at least two people must buy and use their vouchers together. Single reservations will not be accepted.
Infants and preschoolers are not allowed in the restaurant.
Any extra orders made at the restaurant will be charged an additional 10% service fee. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. No cancellations is permitted once booking is confirmed. Any changes or amendments must be made at least two days in advance or else voucher is subject to forfeiture. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if guests no show. Voucher must be presented on arrival and must be used in one visit. Dishes are subject to change based on the availability of seasonal ingredients.