By Kar Tim Chua
"Tempura is one of the four best loved foods of Tokyoites," according to The New York Times. Eat like a real local with a tempura set dinner at Tokyo's traditional Tempura Mikaku for just $40 per person.
Why we love it
- Save an exclusive 50% off this scrumptious meal
- Includes 1-2 appetizers, an organic green salad and 10-13 pieces of piping hot seafood and vegetable tempura
- CNN Travel calls Tempura "one of the supreme delicacies of Japanese cuisine"
- Ingredients are carefully selected from local markets and all vegetables are organically sourced from the restaurant's own farms
- Tempura Mikaku is a cozy restaurant founded in 1931, specializing in freshly fried seasonal seafood and vegetable tempura
- Just a 3-minute walk from Roppongi Station
- Enjoy shrimp kakiage with rice or tencha (green tea) for $10 (JPY 1,000) extra, payable directly at the restaurant
Mar 31, 2014 - Aug 29, 2014
6 Chome-7-17 Roppongi
Tel: +81 3 3404 1800
- 1-2 appetizers
- An organic vegetable salad
- 10-13 pieces of tempura such as shrimp, scallop, squid, big-eyed flathead, sillago, conger eel, ginkgo, asparagus, onion, carrot, broccoli, green pepper stuffed with oyster, or shiitake mushroom stuffed with shrimp
Enhance your dining experience with a shrimp kakiage with rice or tencha (green tea) for just $10 (JPY 1,000) extra, payable directly at the restaurant
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Monday April 14, 2014. Vouchers can be redeemed for the
"HANA" tempura set dinner, Monday to Friday, starting immediately through August 29, 2014. Restaurant is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. Bookings are essential and must be made via email in English at least 5 days prior to visit. No phone bookings accepted. Please quote your name and Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Subject to availability. Any extra orders made at the restaurant will be charged an additional 10% service fee. Dinner serves from 6pm to 10pm. Last order at 8pm. Book by: August 15.
Please note: Children under 6 years old are not allowed in the restaurant.
Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash
value or cash back. Any cancellation or changes must be made at least 3 days in advance or else voucher is subject to forfeiture. Voucher must be presented on arrival and must be used in one visit. Dishes are subject to change based on the availability of seasonal ingredients.