By Kate McFarlane
See Australia's gorgeous Whitsunday Islands at your own leisure with a private charter from Portland Roads, the 41-foot, 6-person catamaran, at the following prices:
Why we love it
- Explore Australia's Whitsunday Islands at your own leisure with a 5-day private charter on Portland Roads, the 41-foot, 6-person catamaran, for just $3,660
- A 4-day charter is also available for $3,520, and a 3-day charter for $3,199
- Save up to 50% off what you would usually pay
- Receive a full catamaran operation and local area briefing before setting sail on your own
- Chartering is made easy with an electric winch for the mainsail, autopilot and satellite navigation
- Portland Roads has its own electric generation system which allows for a range of modern comforts on board lacking in most other catamarans
- Modern features include a Samsung Smart TV with Bose surround sound, Wi-Fi, air-conditioning and a range of Delonghi kitchen appliances
- Extend your charter for just AUD 800 (~$728) per extra day, usually $1,456 per day
- Include a sail guide during your charter for just AUD 290 ($264) per day, usually $455 (daily provisions for your sail guide are at your own expense)
- Receive sailing tuition for just AUD 350 ($319) per day, usually $637
- With your own catamaran, you’re free to charter the Whitsunday islands to visit beautiful beaches, snorkelling spots or the Great Barrier Reef
- Valid for sailings all the way until November 30, 2014, this offer is available during all the best times to visit the Whitsundays
Q13 Q14 Abel Point Marina
Airlie Beach, 4802
Tel: 0427 814 553
What's included & when
- Dec 11, 2013 - Nov 30, 2014
- -3-day charter … $3,199
- -4-day charter … $3,520
- -5-day charter … $3,660
- You will save up to 50% off what you would normally pay with these Travelzoo-exclusive prices and receive a full operation and local area briefing to prepare you for your charter.
- Your modern catamaran makes chartering easy with an electric winch for the brand new Australian-designed mainsail, autopilot and satellite navigation. Though it is preferred, a boating license and experience is not essential for this offer.
- Portland Roads also features its own electric generation system which allows for a range of on-board modern comforts most other catamarans don’t have. These include air-conditioning, a Samsung Smart TV with Bose surround sound and Apple TV, Wi-Fi, AirPlay facilities and a range of Delongi kitchen appliances as well as a Nespresso machine.
- Extend your charter for AUD 800 per extra day, usually AUD 1600. Take your mind off managing the catamaran with a sail guide for just AUD 290 per day, usually AUD 500 (sail guides’ day-to-day provisions are at your own expense).
- Sailing tuition is also available for jAUD 350 per day, usually AUD 700.
- Explore the gorgeous Whitsunday islands at your own pace and head towards the best spots including Whitehaven Beach, Blue Pearl Bay and of course, the Great Barrier Reef.
The fine print
Bookings are essential and can be redeemed anytime, subject to availability, through November 30, 2014.
Price is per catamaran, maximum six guests per charter. Pre-charter briefing is compulsory and may take five hours for inexperienced sailors and four hours for sailors with recognised experience. Mooring and marina fees, insurance excess, fuel and food provisions are not included. A state government Great Barrier Reef Marine Park tax of AUD 20 per crew member must be paid. Security bond is included for the duration of your booking. All bookings are subject to availability. To ensure you get the dates that you want, please book as soon as possible. Reservations hold a non-cancellation policy. Vouchers must be presented on arrival and used in one visit. No cash value or cash back. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.