By Kar Tim Chua
Get to know the real Hong Kong with a guided day tour from Asia Travel Care for just $55 per person. Admire the world’s largest seated outdoor bronze Buddha statue, visit the city’s unique typhoon shelters, or have a face threading experience, all while saving up to 50% off regular prices.
Why we love it
- Delve into Hong Kong’s culture, nature and more with group tours for $55 per person
- Choose from "Tai O Eco Tour," "Handmade in Hong Kong Tour," or "Different Taste of Hong Kong Tour"
- Tai O Eco Tour includes cable car ride to the tranquil Ngong Ping Village on Lantau Island with views of the magnificent Tian Tan Budhha, followed by a tour in Tai O, a historic fishing village, with visits to local stilt houses
- On Handmade in HK Tour get a glimpse of extraordinary handicrafts with demonstrations, including shoe-making, tailoring, sign-making with chisels and face threading
- Different Taste of HK Tour explores the history of Chinese rituals; experience Hong Kong like a local by traveling to popular sightseeing areas by ferry, tram and walla-walla
- All tours include pick-up and drop-off at Tsim Sha Tsui's Kowlooon Hotel, transportation, Hong Kong-style lunch, and bilingual tour guides (English and Mandarin)
- Add $13 for summer tours from July 13 to August 31
May 05 - Oct 31, 2014
RM 905, 9/F, Tower A, New Mandarin Plaza, 14 Science Museum Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon
Tel: +852 3422 3805
- Tai O Eco Tour (approx. 5 hours) - departs every Thursday, Friday and Saturday:
- Take a 5.7km cable car journey to Ngong Ping Village where guests will learn about tea culture and history at Linong Tea House. During the journey, guests can enjoy panoramic views of the the scenic Lantau Island and the Tian Tan Buddha, the world's largest seated outdoor bronze Buddha statue. Afterwards, transfer to a public bus to visit Tai O, a historic fishing village where guests will have lunch at a pang uk, a special kind of stilt houses, and learn about the village's traditional food production such as salted egg yolk and tofu pudding.
- Hand Made in Hong Kong Tour (approx. 8 hours) - departs every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday:
- Meet different old masters of Hong Kong's diverse handicrafts. Learn about the art of shoe-making by hand in the morning, followed by a suit-making demonstration. After enjoying a Hong Kong-style lunch, visit the famous "Ladies Market" with 100+ fashion stalls and learn about sign-making in a chiseling art workshop. Tour ends with a face threading experience, a popular facial hair removal treatment during 1920s and 1930s using an ancient method.
- Different Taste of Hong Kong Tour (approx. 6 hours) - departs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday:
- Start the morning with a leisurely ferry ride on the famous Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour to enjoy the "World's #1 Skyline," before boarding a historic double-Decker "Ding Ding" tram to get around the bustling Hong Kong Island. Afterwards, see the traditional ritual of "Da Siu Yan," known as "Villain Hitting" and learn the story behind this folk ceremony before visiting the world's longest outdoor covered escalator and the bazaar-filled Pottinger Street in Central. Guests will then visit the city's unique typhoon shelters and hit the water on a "Walla-walla" in Ap Lei Chau. After lunch, head to one of Hong Kong's oldest public housing complexes, "the Wah Fu Estate" in Aberdeen and get an insight into "Feng Shui".
Pay just $13 extra per person for tours during the popular summer period from July 13 to August 31.
The fine print
Vouchers are valid for use from now through July 12 and September 1 to October 31, 2014. Tours in July 13 to August 31 cost $68 per person. Blackout dates: May 6; June 2; July 1; September 9; October 1, 2. When you are ready to book, contact Asia Travel Care at least 5 days in advance and mention your name, desired tour dates and Travelzoo voucher number. All tours start at 9:15am at Kowloon Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui; please arrive 5 minutes prior to departure. Subject to availability. We strongly suggest booking as soon as possible to secure your desired tour date. Book by: October 15.
Please note: If the Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car is suspended due to inclement weather or general maintenance, other transportation will be arranged. In the event of typhoon signal no.8 or black rainstorm alert on the date of any tour, guests can either choose to have a refund or reschedule tour to another date.
Offer is non-refundable. You must book at least 5 days in advance, and amendments must be made 7 days in advance of tour to avoid voucher forfeiture. All bookings and amendments are subject to availability. Voucher subject to forfeiture for missed tours. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions. Voucher must be printed out, presented on arrival and must be used in one visit. No cash value or cash back. Not valid for groups or on existing reservations. Rate is based on per person pricing but all tours require minimum 2 participants to operate.