By Li Ying Lee
Soak in the therapeutic effects of Japan's famous hot springs at Toi Hotel Sankaitei, Shizuoka Prefecture. This traditional Ryokan hotel near Tokyo is offering a night of traditional Japanese hospitality for $188 for 2, including breakfast, a sumptuous 10-course dinner and complimentary 30-minute hot spring session.
Why we love it
- Package saves 56% off regular prices
- Stay in a Japanese-style room with tatami-matted floors and city views
- Enjoy gorgeous ocean views while soaking in the rooftop open-air bath (complimentary 30-minute session for 2, reservations required)
- Tuck into traditional Japanese breakfast and a 10-course dinner, included with every night of a stay
- Dinner includes delicacies like sashimi, grilled lobster, boiled snow crab, sea bream and shabu-shabu
- Enjoy 2 hours of free-flow drinks including beer, sake, and soft drinks during dinnertime for JPY 3,240 per pax (~$32)
- Upgrade to a room with an open-air bath for an additional JPY3,150 (~$31) per person, per room
- Hotel has 7 different types of hot spring bath, including Japanese Garden and Ocean View
- Located on the Izu Peninsula, about two hours from Tokyo via bullet train to Mishima and local train to Shuzenji
- Hotel is 40 minutes away from Shuzenji hot spring by car and 50 minutes away by bus from Shuzenji station
Tel: +81 558 98 1069
What's included & when
- Feb 24, 2014 - Jul 18, 2014
- A night's stay in a Japanese-style room with city views
- Traditional Japanese breakfast for 2
- Complimentary 30-minute private ocean view open-air hot springs bath for 2 (reservation required)
- 10-course dinner for 2 including sashimi, grilled lobster, boiled snow crab, sea bream and shabu-shabu
- Enjoy 2 hours of free-flow drinks including beer, sake, and soft drinks during dinner time for JPY 3,240 per pax (~$32)
- Upgrade to a room with an open-air bath for an additional JPY3,150 (~$31) per person, per room (paid directly to the hotel)
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Monday March 10. When you are ready to book, contact the hotel to reserve your room and mention your Travelzoo voucher. Vouchers can be redeemed for stays from February 25 through July 15, 2014. Blackout dates: March 21 to 30 and April 26 to May 5. An additional surcharge of JPY 5,250 per person will apply on Saturdays and the day before Japanese public holidays, and JPY2,100 per person on Fridays, Sundays and public holidays from February 24 - March 31. After April 1, an additional surcharge of JPY1,000 per person will apply on weekdays, JPY6,250 per person on Saturdays and a day before public holidays, and JPY3,100 per person on Fridays, Sundays and public holidays. Book by: July 11.
Once you reserve your room with the hotel, cancellations or changes must be made at least 7 days before arrival or your voucher is subject to forfeiture. No refunds on unused items.
Rooms subject to availability. Rate is based on twin share. Onsen tax of JPY 150 is chargeable per person. Admission of children under 13 is subjected to discretion of hotel, please check with hotel before booking. Not valid for groups or on existing reservations. Upgrade to a room with an open-air bath for an additional JPY3,150 (~$31) per person, per room (paid directly to the hotel).