By Li Ying Lee
Enjoy views of the Pudong promenade and an authentic taste of Southern Italy at the popular Tavola Shanghai for only $98 for 2. Promising a "rewarding culinary experience" (Enjoy Shanghai), the upscale restaurant is offering Travelzoo subscribers a sumptuous 5-course dinner menu at 62% off.
Why we love it
- Fodor's call the restaurant "one of the best" on Binjiang Da Dao, Pudong's riverside promenade
- Nominated for "Best Italian" at 2013 City Weekend Readers' Choice Awards
- Sister restaurant was dubbed "one of Beijing's best pizza restaurants" by Time Out Beijing
- Executive Chef Roberto Barazzutti graduated from the world-famous chef's academy ALMA and was the youngest sous chef in the 2-Michelin starred restaurant Arnold Pucher
- The roasted black cod ranks among Talk Magazine's "new favorite fish dishes in town"
Jan 09, 2014 - Mar 02, 2014
Tavola Italian Dining
2500 Binjiang Avenue,
Pudong New Area,
- One glass of per person of Biol Belstar Prosecco sparkling wine
- Tavola Antipasto Platter for sharing, including prosciutto and asparagus, caprese salad, grilled octopus and an eggplant parmigiana
- Fresh Mediterranean Seafood Soup
- Penne Pasta with Mushroom and Braised Beef Shanks
- Main course choice of Black Cod with Tomatoes Taggiasca Olives, Capers, Anchovies and Bread Chips OR Australian Tenderloin with Foie Gras and Chianti Classico Sauce
- Classic Tiramisu
A third person may join the table for $49
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Friday, January 24. Vouchers can be redeemed for dinner 7 days a week, 6pm to 10.30pm until March 2, 2014. Additional single pax voucher can be purchased at $49, but must be used in conjunction with the 2-person voucher. Bookings are essential. Please book by phone at least 1 day in advance. Quote your Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Tables are subject to availability and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Blackout dates: January 30-31; February 1, 2, 14, 2014. Book by: February 28, 2014.