By Travelzoo Staff
Prego at the Westin Bund Center was named one of the Best Restaurants in Shanghai by Shanghai Tatler Magazine and was named "Golden Ganla Restaurant in Shanghai" by Restaurant Review Magazine. The restaurant is now offering Travelzoo subscribers a 6-course dinner for two for $94, saving more than 50% off the regular cost of this special chef's menu.
Why we love it
- Enjoy a 6-course dinner for two people with a glass of Prosecco at Prego, Westin Bund Center in Shanghai, for $94 instead of $193
- Executive Chef Stefano De Geronimo has more than 20 years' experience in the world's finest luxury properties and Italian fine dining institutions
- Chef De Geronimo was named "Master Chef" and "Executive Chef" by the Italian Association of Chefs, and is a "Master Chef in Italian Cuisine" for the Accademia Barilla
- Shanghai Tatler Magazine named Prego "One of the Best Restaurants in Shanghai" and Restaurant Review Magazine named it "Golden Ganla Restaurant in Shanghai"
- Each diner receives one glass of Prosecco, starter, main course, dessert, coffee/tea and pralines, prepared with international techniques and Italian culinary traditions
- Main course highlights include homemade pasta with Alaskan crab meat, and 360 days grass-fed Australian beef tenderloin steak
- Enjoy desserts like Panna Cotta with flambéd peppered bananas with Grappa ice cream in honey buttered baked spring roll bow tie
- Located on the second floor of the Westin Bund Center with an open kitchen and counter seating for foodies to watch the transformation of fine ingredients to delectable entrées.
- The restaurant is decorated in coffee-colored wood, with modern glass sculptures and a whimsical, Italian-themed mural
Nov 16, 2012 - Jan 08, 2013
The Westin Bund Center Shanghai
Level 2, The Westin Bund Center
88 Henan Central Road
- Here's what you can expect:
- -A glass of Prosecco with Amarena Amore Mio "Fabbri" per person
- -Pan-seared Atlantic tuna with organic baby fennel confit, kalamata olive pesto and preserved lemon dust
- -Porcini and wild mushrooms potage, milk foam, and white truffle garlic bread with parmesan cheese gratin
- -Homemade pasta folds with Alaskan crab meat, organic shallot, on semi-dried cherry tomato confit and Tuscany extra virgin olive oil, sprouts and tobiko egg roe
- -Pan-seared, cut, 360 days grass-fed Australian beef tenderloin steak with potato and taro millefeuille, sautéed micro organic white bottom mushrooms and beef bone marrow reduction
- -Italian flavored panna cotta with flambéd peppered bananas accompanied with a grappa ice cream in a honey buttered baked spring roll bow tie
- -Coffee, Tea, petit four and pralines
- This offer is valid six days a week, subject to availability, until January 8, 2013.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Friday November 23 but could sell out before. Vouchers can be redeemed for dinner six days a week, starting immediately until January 8, 2013. Dinner is served from 6:00pm - 10:30pm daily (except Thursday). Bookings are essential. Please book by phone at least 2 days in advance, or 1 week in advance for public holidays. Quote your Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Booking starts 10:00am - 6:00 pm daily. Subject to availability. Book by: January 8.
Blackout dates: December 24, 31. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. This offer is not refundable. No cash value or cash back. Vouchers must be presented on arrival and must be used in one visit.