By Li Ying Lee
Two people can tuck into tapas and other European inspired dishes at Macasa The Kitchen for just $65. Featuring a 4-course menu with inventive dishes, this exclusive deal saves a substantial 55% off its original price.
Why we love it
- Shanghai WOW commends Macasa for its high-quality food and relaxed atmosphere, stating that "Macasa might be your new favorite"
- Guests will receive 2 starters, a soup, a choice of main and dessert
- The tuna tartare with avocado puree, gomasio and citrus seasoning is "light and refreshing," according to Time Out Shanghai
- Main course choices include seabass with cuttlefish risotto and jade vegetables, or slow roasted beef cheek with porcini puree and mashed potato
- Chef Mandela Zhu previously worked at the Peninsula Hotel, and pastry chef Mikko Wang comes from Michelin-starred Jean-Georges
- Valid through July 20, 2014
Apr 28, 2014 - Jul 20, 2014
Macasa The Kitchen
Macasa The Kitchen
1690 Huaihai Zhong Lu, near Wuxing Lu, Xuhui district
Tel: +86 21-5456 1214
- Each diner gets the following menu:
- Amuse Bouche
- Bone marrow with red wine onion, sour cream & chives, and brioche
- Tuna tartare with avocado purees, gomasio and citrus
- Lobster bisque
- Choice of Main Course:
- Sea bass with cuttlefish risotto and jade vegetables
- Slow roasted beef cheek with porcini puree and mashed potato
- Citrus meringue with citrus compote, ravioli, apricot ice, orange thyme pellegrino sorbet, mango, and raspberry sauce
A third person may join the table for $33.
The fine print
Vouchers must be purchased by Monday, May 12 . Vouchers can be redeemed for 4-Course lunch or dinner for two (Tuesday to Sunday) at Macasa The Kitchen until July 20, 2014. Macasa The Kitchen is closed Mondays. Book by: July 18. Single person voucher is $33, and can only be used in conjunction with a 2-person voucher. Bookings are essential. Reservations start immediately; please book by phone at least 2 days in advance. Quote your Travelzoo voucher number at time of booking. Subject to availability. Valid from 11am till 11pm.