BOSTON--NOVEMBER 09, 2012-- Vacation packagers and hotels across western Ireland are slashing prices to woo visitors as the country gears up for The Gathering 2013 -- a yearlong event featuring local festivals and events with the best of Irish culture and tradition.
These deals for travel through March, including some over St. Patrick's Day, save as much as 50% on regular prices and offer variety to suit every type of traveler.
Our favorite deals include:
- 5-Star Manor Vacation from Boston ... $849 per person, based on four travelers (50% off)
- Includes six nights at Adare Manor, named to the 2012 Conde Nast Traveler Gold List
- Ireland's Top Luxury Castle Resort ... $159 per night, incl. breakfast and tax (reg. $311)
- Ashford Castle is a 13th-century-castle-turned-luxury resort -- named Ireland’s No. 1 resort in the 2012 Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards
- Three-City Road Trip w/Car Rental ... $399 per person incl. tax, based on two travelers (save $200)
- Includes two nights each in Galway, Adare and Dingle
- Shannon fares from Boston ... $659-$688 ($300 off surrounding dates)